Combined Sewer Separation / Washington Corridor
|January 6, 2017||DuPage County has announced a new CDBG-DR funding opportunity with applications due in early February. Staff proposes to submit an application to fund a combined sewer separation on Second Street, one block east of the Biermann Project which is currently under design. A public hearing and Village Board resolution will be required.|
|December 23, 2016||Engineering staff has reviewed the draft of the 60% design report and submitted comments to Burke Engineering.|
|November 18, 2016||A final submittal for the 60% plans is expected within the next few weeks.
The Michigan - Park to Madison project is nearly ready for bidding. Astor Court/Myrtle plans are under review by staff. An engineering proposal is expected for Michigan - Kenilworth to Central. North Biermann (CDBG-DR funding) is under design. Other separation projects cannot move forward until funding is secured.
|November 11, 2016||A meeting to discuss CDBG-DR grant requirements for the North Biermann project was held with County staff, Village staff, and the consultant in attendance.|
|November 4, 2016||Design contracts for Biermann combined sewer separation and Michigan - Kenilworth to Central have been approved. A design kick-off meeting was held on 11/01/2016. We will be sending a letter to DuPage County inquiring whether any additional CDBG-DR funds have become available.|
|October 28, 2016||Christopher Burke made a brief presentation to the Village Board on 10/24/2016. It was stated that the project could separate 87 acres of combined sewer tributary area and reduce the potential for sewer back-up to 400 homes. The estimated cost of the project is $8.7 million. The presentation is available under the "Documents" heading on this page.
Design contracts for Biermann combined sewer separation and Michigan - Kenilworth to Central were approved at the 10/24/2016 Village Board meeting. A design kick-off meeting will be held next week.
|October 21, 2016||A revised conceptual plan and cost estimate is under review by Village staff. A brief Village Board presentation is scheduled for 10/24/2016. Design contracts for Biermann combined sewer separation and Michigan - Kenilworth to Central will be considered at the 10/24/2016 Village Board meeting. The Village has received executed grant agreement for CDBG-DR funding of construction back from DuPage County.|
|September 30, 2016||Staff is expecting a plan submittal and updated planning level cost estimate from the consultant. The proposed stormwater and combined sewer separation rates were approved by the Village Board on 09/26/2016. Village staff will be presenting design contracts for budgeted projects in the near future.|
|September 23, 2016||The proposed storm water and combined sewer separation rates will be considered for second reading by the Village Board for first reading on 09/26/2016. Village staff has responded to questions regarding prior special assessments.|
|September 16, 2016||The proposed storm water and sewer separation rates were presented to the Village Board for first reading on 09/12/2016. Village staff is proceeding to negotiate a design contract for the CDBG-DR grant funded combined sewer separation project on North Biermann.|
|August 26, 2016||A higher fixed rate for non-residential properties is also under consideration.|
|August 19, 2016||Staff is expecting an updated planning level cost estimate from the consultant. The rate study consultant will perform an analysis to determine if the proposed $9.00 fixed monthly rates supplemented by sales tax revenue could fully fund the unfunded combined sewer separation and storm water elements in the Capital Improvement Program (CIP).|
|August 12, 2016||Staff has requested an updated planning level cost estimate from the consultant. IEPA has indicated that sales tax revenue could be used as a dedicated source of revenue to repay future low interest loans.|
|July 29, 2016||A discussion of road projects that included combined sewer separation was included in the 07/25/2016 presentation. Staff indicated that these types of projects should be high priority.|
|July 22, 2016||A discussion of road projects that include combined sewer separation will be included in the 07/25/2016 presentation at the Village Board meeting..|
|June 15, 2016||A funding source for road projects with combined sewer separation elements needs to be identified for these projects to move forward. Staff will present a breakdown of unfunded project elements at a future Committee of the Whole meeting.|
|June 10, 2016||A contract for design of the Astor Court/Myrtle/Central Project has been executed. A kickoff meeting was held last week.|
|May 27, 2016||Contract for design of the Astor Court/Myrtle/Central Project, which includes combined sewer separation in addition to the road improvements, was approved by the Village Board. A kickoff meeting has been scheduled.|
|May 13, 2016||A progress meeting was held on 05/10/2016 to discuss routing of the proposed storm sewers and identify potential utility conflicts. It is anticipated that the project could achieve a minimum of 80% separation in the 100 Acre study area, although we are optimistic that higher levels can be achieved.|
|May 6, 2016||There has been one progress meeting with Burke Engineering. A second progress meeting is scheduled for 05/10/2016. Although there are multiple conflicting utilities, it appears that it would be physically possible to install a new storm sewer in the corridor. Coordination with the Green Infrastructure Project (Conservation Design Forum) will be required.
Recommendations for combined sewer separation are tentatively scheduled for presentation at the 05/23/2016 Village Board meeting.
|April 29, 2016||Portions of the presentation of water and sewer rate study update to the Village Board will be delayed until completion of the water audit. Recommendations for combined sewer separation, flood control funding, and IEPA loan funded projects may be presented ahead of time as they are not dependent on water usage.|
|April 15, 2016||The presentation of water and sewer rate study update to the Village Board will be delayed until the schedule for completion of the water audit is determined.|
|April 1, 2016||The water and sewer rate study update will be presented to the Village Board in April. Recommendations for combined sewer separation and flood control funding will be included.|
|March 25, 2016||A meeting was held on 03/22/2016 with CBBEL to discuss separation of the Washington Corridor.|
|February 26, 2016||The Washington Corridor combined sewer separation study is ongoing. The Village expects to receive CDBG-DR funds for one property purchase, one combined sewer separation project, and the Washington Corridor Green Infrastructure. County staff will be visiting the property proposed for purchase.
|February 19, 2016||