- You Are Here:
- Feature Links
- In Motion
Community Pool &/or Recreation Center
The Village is IN MOTION and Preparing to Build for the Future
In recent years, the Village of Villa Park has made great strides in providing outstanding services to our residents and visitors, especially in the area of parks and community recreation. These efforts helped make Villa Park the 28th Best Place to Live in America, according to Money Magazine (2017), but there’s still work to do! The Village must continue to build for future generations. After thorough research – including site surveys, the completion of Lufkin and Jefferson Pool assessments, and the adoption of a Master Plan, the Village has determined that it would be in the interests of the community and consistent with the Master Plan documents to develop a Community Pool &/or Recreation Center. This project is ambitious, gives back to all, and provides our community members an environment to learn and grow in mind and body.
Quality of Life for Residents is a High Priority
While Villa Park has been recognized as one of the best places to live in America, there are still steps we must take to improve life in the Village — especially when it comes to the physical, mental, and financial health of the public. According to the National Recreation and Park Association’s Community Standards Report, Parks and Recreation agencies have the power to strengthen communities, transform lives, and protect the future. Parks systems have a positive impact on communities by driving economic activity, saving taxpayers money, making people healthy, and addressing issues of social equality. The development of a Community Pool &/or Recreation Center will bring fresh energy and a renewed spirit to our community. The Village of Villa Park sees a continued need to invest in the quality of life of our residents, and a Community Pool &/or Recreation Center would help fill that need.
We’re IN MOTION: A Community Pool &/or Recreation Center will help Villa Park Build for the Future
According to the National Recreation and Park Association’s Community Standards Report, Parks and Recreation agencies have the power to strengthen communities, transform lives, and protect the future. Parks systems have a positive impact on communities by…
- Driving economic activity: The presence of quality parks has been repeatedly shown to increase property values.
- Saving taxpayers money through valuable ecosystem services: Parks are essential tools for conservation and environmental sustainability.
- Encouraging a healthy lifestyle: Access to park and recreation facilities aids in the control of obesity, boosts the immune system, diminishes the risk of disease, and increases life expectancy.
- Addressing issues of social equality: Parks and recreation help build and strengthen community ties, bringing diverse populations together and increasing social capital.
- Reducing the Village’s carbon footprint: If a recreation building were constructed, the Village would vacate the Iowa Community Center (ICC) in an effort to reduce the Village’s carbon footprint.
- Fostering community cooperation: The Village of Villa Park cooperates with community partners and community resource officers through intergovernmental agreements, with the maintenance of properties such as ball fields and soccer fields. These facilities would give school districts, local senior centers, and youth programs more space and scheduling options.
The Village’s Park and Recreation Master Plan states, "There will be many challenging and difficult decisions facing the Village Board as the Parks Master Plan is adopted, primarily dealing with funding for the various segments of the Community - Streets, Infrastructure, Government; but what many people notice, and what dramatically enhances property values, is the quality of the community parks.”
“The Village is committed to providing superior municipal services in a responsive, effective, and fiscally responsible manner while maintaining a good quality of life for our residents and businesses alike.”
― Village of Villa Park Mission Statement
Village of Villa Park Board of Trustees:
Albert Bulthuis President