Spring Sweep 2021
The Community Pride and Environmental Concerns Commissions are teaming up to bring you the 2021 Villa Park Spring Sweep recycling and shredding event!
When: Saturday, May 15, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
What: Recycle from the safety and comfort of your vehicle. Drive your car to each station (below) and volunteers will collect and remove items for safe disposal. Simply load your car, drive to the event, and volunteers will be ready to assist. Let us do the heavy lifting! Attendees are asked to please remain in their vehicles at all times.
Where: Home Avenue in Villa Park. Traffic will enter from northbound Harvard Avenue, and exit onto Ardmore Avenue. Please note that entrance onto Harvard from St. Charles Road will be prohibited during this event.
FREE to Villa Park residents, however a fee will apply for paint recycling. Non-residents are welcome, however additional fees will apply for document shredding ($10) and electronics recycling ($20), in addition to the paint recycling fees (see below).
Interested in volunteering? Email the Community Pride Commission for more information at email@example.com..
For our safety and yours, all individuals present at this year's event are asked to please wear a mask or face covering for the duration of the event.
The current list of accepted items is as follows:
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Used clothing and shoes
- Small appliances and housewares
- Fire Extinguishers
- Old and tattered American Flags
- Used eyeglasses, hearing aids
- Ink cartridges
- Old cell phones and chargers
- Metal house keys
- Holiday lights
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Household batteries
- Lead and acid batteries (automotive, motorcycle, sump pump or lawn and garden batteries)
- Latex and Oil Based Paints - *fee will apply, see below
- Document Shredding - Maximum 3 bankers-size boxes ($10 fee for non-residents); participants must remain in their vehicles
- Electronics - ($20 fee for non-residents)
- Paint Aerosols ($1/can)
- Insecticide/Pesticide Aerosol cans ($1/can)
- Asthmatic Inhalers ($1/can)
- Household cleaners & Disinfectants ($1/can)
- Auto & Industrial Aerosols ($1/can)
- Food Aerosols ($1/can)
- Personal Care Aerosols ($1/can)
Villa Park Residents: FREE, with the exception of paint recycling charges and Flat Can recycling (below)
Non-Residents: Charges apply for electronics recycling ($20), document shredding ($10), and paint recycling (below)
Fees for paint recycling
|Latex-Based Paints||Oil-Based Paints|
|Spray Paint - $2.00 each|
Fees for flat can recycling
|Cans||$1 / can|