- Community Development
Community Development department
The Community Development Department includes the following disciplines:
There are many items that Community Development is responsible for within these disciplines. Listed below are the tasks that the department is accountable for broken down by area.
For information on building permits, visit the permitting page. Find the building permit application here.
The licenses and permits page of the website provides additional information.
Planning and Zoning
- Process Rezoning, Variations, Conditional Uses, Subdivisions and Planned Unit Developments.
- Review New Development.
- Guide Applicants through the Entitlement Process.
- Review Concept Plans.
- Long Range and Short Range Planning (i.e. TOD Plan, Comprehensive Plan Update).
- Coordinate with other departments.
- Coordinate with other Agencies – IDOT, IEPA, Choose DuPage, KDSWCD, DuPage County.
- Information Dispersion.
- Zoning Code Administration.
- Staff liaison to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Maintain aesthetics and Code Enforcement.
- Administer the Vacant Building Ordinance.
- Monitor Foreclosed Properties.
- Coordinate Graffiti Removal.
- Liaison with the Police Department on the administration of V-tickets.
- Attend Field Court as a representative of the Village of Villa Park.
- Prepare and record liens and release of liens for grass cutting and board-ups.
- Coordinate with Police, Fire and Public Works regarding resident complaints.
- Handle overcrowding complaints.
- Conduct annual multi-family residential inspections.
- Text Amendments to the Municipal Code.