Parks & Recreation
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATIOn
Current PROGRAM BROCHURE
updates, news & Thank yous
Community Input Meetings for the Development of the Villa Park Community Center
The Village of Villa Park will hold three public input meetings discussing the development of the Villa Park Community Center.
- Wednesday, December 29, 2021 | 7 p.m. | Village Hall
- Saturday, January 15, 2022 | 9 a.m. | Village Hall
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022 | 7 p.m. | Village Hall
As we continue to see a rapid increase in the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we encourage residents to review all options for participating:
1) Participate in person, make sure to wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others.
2) Participate from the comfort of your home using the below zoom link.
3) Email in your comments to be read into the public, regarding what amenities should go into a proposed rec center to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com .
Note: to be read into the public comment during the meeting please submit your email by 5 p.m. Dec. 29/ Jan. 14 / Jan 19.
The meeting will also be available via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 813 3688 9846
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,81336889846# US (Chicago)
+13017158592,,81336889846# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 813 3688 9846
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/koe6z1Tlx
Community Input Meetings for the Redevelopment of Lufkin Park
The Village of Villa Park held Community Input Meetings for the Redevelopment of Lufkin Park on August 14, 2021 and August 18, 2021 in advance of submitting an application for the OSLAD (Open Space Lands Acquisition and Development) Grant. There was a noteworthy turnout for both meetings: 29 attended on August 14 and 35 attended on August 18. The people that attended brought great ideas and the discussion was spirited.
After the meeting on August 18, 2021, the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission conducted a special meeting to discuss the ideas brought forward, draw consensus and vote to make a recommendation to the Village Board of Trustees. The overarching theme from the attendees (and residents that called and emailed) was to include amenities that would convey a Nature Theme. The Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission unanimously recommended the following amenities to be included in the grant application:
· Nature Walking Trail
· Playground - Nature theme
· Fishing Pier/Pond Improvements
· Band shell/Gazebo
· Water Spray Area – Nature theme
· Ninja Course (as part of the playground)
On behalf of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission and the Parks and Recreation administrative staff, thank you to everyone that participated in this process. Whether you attended a meeting, called to speak with staff or sent an email, your opinion was “heard.” The Commission and Staff very much appreciate your willingness to take the time to participate in this exciting process.
The resolution for submitting the grant application is on the agenda for the Village Board Meeting on August 23, 2021. If the resolution passes, the grant application will be submitted to the IDNR (Illinois Department of Natural Resources) in advance of the September 1, 2021 due date.
Notice July 30, 2021
Villa Park Community Public Input Meeting for the redevelopment of Lufkin Park. Read Notice Here.
Archived Parks & Recreation Covid-19 Updates:
- Register for Recreation Programs!
- Stay connected for up to the minute facility changes and field conditions with the "RAINOUT Line."
Parks and Recreation Master Plan
View the Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PDF) passed by the Village Board October 26, 2015.