Parks & Recreation
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
(Scroll down to view the Summer 2020 Program Brochure)
PHASE 4 - REVITALIZATION
June 26, 2020 (updated July 20, 2020)
VILLA PARK - Parks and Recreation is excited to continue to reopen in Phase-4 Revitalization. In continued conformity with the State of Illinois’ RESTORE ILLINOIS Plan, we will endure "a new normal.” A modified version of the Summer Brochure is posted on this website with updated program information. Below please find a snapshot of programs and facilities that are being updated during Phase 4. Please call us if you have any questions at 630-834-8970.
- Summer Day Camp – A modified version of Adventure Camp and Junior Adventure Camp is up and running through August 7, 2020.
- Funtime Junction Daycare – The daycare is accepting reservations for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; 8:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Athletic Fields and Courts – All outdoor fields and courts are open for use.
- Outdoor Restrooms, Water fountains, Picnic Pavilions / park rentals – Parks and Pavilions are available for rentals. Restrooms will remain closed along with water fountains off.
- Garden Plots – The garden plots at Westmore Park are open.
- Playgrounds – All parks and playgrounds are open to the public, including the Skate Park.
- Summer Programs and events – Many programs are running with recommended mitigation by IDPH. Please refer to the electronic Summer Brochure toward the bottom of the page. The Movie Nights scheduled for August 3 and 10, 2020 have been moved to the park area just west of the Iowa Community Center. There is a limited number of attendance permitted and you must Register online here to be placed on the list. The following events have been cancelled / postponed due to concerns about the pandemic:
- August Summer Concerts
- Big Rigs and Kids
- Brewfest 2020
- Food Truck Festival
- Kiwanis Concerts
- Super Sensational Saturdays
- Jefferson Pool – The pool will not open for the 2020 season.
- Iowa Community Center – The office hours at the Iowa Community Center are: Monday-Friday: 9 am – 6 pm | Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Register for Recreation Programs!
- Online Home School PE Ideas All Star Sports Instruction
- May-June 2020 Around Town Fitness Challenges
- Virtual Fitness Registration Information
- Yoga in the Park June July 2020
Parks and Recreation Master Plan
View the Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PDF) passed by the Village Board October 26, 2015.
View the July 2019 Feasibility Study here.