The Odeum, founded and built by Emil and Phyllis Greco, is a family-owned and operated multi-use facility and is DuPage County’s largest sports and expo center. Over the years, with more than 130,000 square feet of indoor exhibition space and 14-acres of outdoor parking, the Odeum, located at 1033 N. Villa Ave., has hosted events as varied as simple breakfast meetings, trade shows, haunted houses, athletic competitions, concerts, and outdoor events!
The Greco family and Odeum staff would like to thank the Village Presidents, Trustees , and all of the Village Departments Staff, along with the thousands of Villa Park residents that have supported us in so many ways over the years! We could not have done it without you!
Some Fun Odeum Trivia
- was originally built in 1974 as the Hat Trick Ice Arena with three indoor rinks.
averages 1 million visitors annually.
- has hosted some of the top musical artists including:
- Robert Plant
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- Rob Zombie
- Limp Bizkit
- Kenny Rogers
- The Beach Boys
- Barry Manilow
- Jonathon Brandmeier
- Amy Grant
• And of course, our favorite, the Plain White T's
- has hosted top celebrities including:
- Oprah Winfrey
- Chuck Norris
- Mike Ditka
- John McCain
- Walter Payton
- Danny Gans
- Mickey Mouse and Goofy
- Stan Mikita
- Ron Santo
- Ernie Banks
- has hosted more than 20 years of haunted houses with 20,000 to 60,000 annual victims.
- largest one-day event was BlazeFest (radio) which hosted 20,000 people, almost the entire Villa Park population, rocking out to KISS.
- record beer sales took place in 2003 at WrestleMania II with more than 16,500 cold ones sold.
- longest running client of 35 years has been the Lyons Township Dog Training Club.
- has hosted 63 Arts & Crafts Festivals with an average attendance of 15,000 to 20,000 people at each fest.
- has played more indoor soccer than all other Chicagoland indoor soccer facilities combined.
- hosted the Insane Clown Posse band that threw more than 800 two-liter bottles of Faygo soda on their fans during the performance and - will never be invited back!
We greatly appreciate and thank the Village of Villa Park and all our neighbors for your continued friendship ad support.
You truly are our extended family!!!
The Greco Family